Learning does not end when school lets out. Neither does the need for good nutrition.
Lunch and snack will be available at no cost to all children aged 18 and under on June 1 extending throughout the summer. On Monday, children will receive a supply of food lasting until Wednesday, and Thursday’s share will supply meals through the remainder of the week.
For curbside pick-up sites, there is no sign-up required. For delivery sites, please contact the representative in your area listed below to coordinate delivery. Pick-up for all curbside sites will begin at 11:30 and are distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• Greater Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church/
Delivery Zone: 700+ block of MLK Drive, the Mountain Chase apartment complex, the North Meadows subdivision, and Fairview Circle area
• Bus 1
Delivery Zone: Atco, Hannon Way, Thornwood and Stonewall at Puckett
• Summer Hill
Delivery Zone: Summer Hill Pool
• Heritage Baptist Church
Delivery Zone: Evergreen Village in Emerson, Ga
• Pine Log
Delivery Zone: Pine Log
Delivery Zone: Taylorsville/Euharlee
• Kingston Baptist Church
Delivery Zone: Kingston
• Euharlee Baptist Church
Delivery Zone: Eagleview, Crabtree, and Milam Bridge Mobile Home Parks
• Douglas St 219 Douglas Street, Cartersville
• Trinity at the Well Cartersville Gardens area
• Boys & Girls Club- Cartersville 642 Henderson Drive, Cartersville
• South Bartow Youth Facility 6505 Glade Rd, Acworth
• Lake Point Church @ Red Top Middle School 224 Old Alabama Road, Emerson
• Adairsville UMC 201 South Main Street, Adairsville
• Boys & Girls Club- Adairsville 104 N Main St, Adairsville
• Adairsville Arms Apartments 5535 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy, Adairsville
• Manning Mill 163 Manning Mill Rd, Adairsville
• Faith UMC 501 Grassdale Rd., Cartersville
• Houston Suggs 31 Beavers Drive, Cartersville
• Old Cass High School 738 Grassdale Rd NW, Cartersville
• Kingston Baptist Church 40 East Main Street, Kingston
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session. Click this link to find a site near you.
Good nutrition is essential for learning in school. Continuing healthy eating habits is also important during the long hot summer months. Eating nutritious foods helps ensure students retain their hard learned knowledge… and to help them to keep right on learning throughout the summer. For many of these children, summer vacation can bring the temptation of eating empty calorie snacks and foods that are high in sugar, fats and sodium. And for many others, summer exposes students to an increased risk of hunger and developmental decline. Make seasonal fruits and vegetables a high priority for your snacks, meals and anytime.
Summertime is a time to play hard...but it is also a time to remember to eat right. Make sure good nutrition remains a priority all summer long, and students will return to school in the Fall healthy, sharp and ready to learn.